Many Indians do not eat beef or pork and other meat because of their religion. In fact, Hinduism religion prohibits all kinds of meat, eggs, or fish in their diet. As a result, popular Indian cuisine features mostly vegetarian dishes. Indeed, India is the hub of vegetarian restaurants. Vegetarians are happy in India!
Vegetarian restaurants in India
India hosts several vegetarian restaurants. All over India, you can always enjoy the exquisite taste of vegetarian food, with its lovely colors. Here are some of the best vegetarian restaurants in India.
- Paradigm Shift serves entirely vegan dishes and organic food. The Paradigm Shift, located in Bengaluru, endows you with an interesting view of the city from the rooftop. The dishes include salad, main dishes and desserts.
- The Real Green Café is located in Koregaon Park, Pune, and serves tasty vegan dishes, including pizzas. Enjoy the mouth-watering vegan desserts at The Real Green Café while participating in interactive live events.
- The Holy Tree specializes in vegan and gluten-free dishes. The food is tastier when mixed with dairy products. The restaurant is located in Ludhiana. You can have everything from the entrée to the main dish and desserts at The Holy Tree.
- Energy Home is unique in such a way as it specializes in health food or simply known as remedial food. It is located in Auroville Puducherry. The restaurant has a library which encompasses yoga books and other interesting books.
- Vegan & Raw: The restaurant specialties include vegetable soups and salads, and tasty vegan desserts. It is the first vegan restaurant in Varnasi. The menu includes interesting breakfast and buffet lunch or buffet dinner.
- Bodhi Greens specializes in health food and detox beverages. Enjoy the traditional Indian food and healthy burgers; with a large glass of smoothies. It is located in Dharamshla. Other ethnic foods are also available at the Bodhi-Green restaurant.
- Just Be specializes in vegan and gluten-free dishes. The dishes do not contain any sugar, oil, or flour. The objective is to serve natural, healthy food. Just Be restaurant is located in Bengaluru. Cooking lessons are also available at the restaurant.
- Divine Nature: This vegan restaurant is the perfect venue to enjoy tasty vegan curried dishes and salads. It also serves delicious cakes and smoothies. Divine Nature is located in the panoramic mountains of Dharamkot, India. This is the place to go for vegan dishes and for sightseeing.
- Shantaram Raw serves fresh dishes, tasty vegan desserts and smoothies. Shantaram Raw is located at the fantastic city of Goa. You can also follow vegan cooking lessons at the Shantaram Raw restaurant.
Where to stay in India?
If you are vegetarian or vegan, do not worry about finding where to eat during your trip to India. India is endowed with so many vegan and vegetarian restaurants where you can enjoy the fine taste of Indian cuisine.
Stay at India's most comfortable hotels to fully enjoy your holidays. Find an accommodation in India through Opodo. The online travel agency Opodo is the best to guide you through the most comfortable hotel in India. Book also your flight online or by phone through Opodo.